Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Liver and Onions

I found a recipe that I am going to Dukanize for dinner tonight. I found it on http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=352991
 
 
Granny's Liver and Onions
 
 

Introduction

I love liver! It is great with smothered, sliced red potatoes, grits, or mashed potatoes (but those are not allowed on the Dukan Diet). Add some green beans (which is allowed) and you're all set. I love liver!                                                
Number of Servings: 6

Ingredients

    1 lb calves liver (I use beef liver and I am going to cook it with turkey bacon)
    1 med onion, cut into large pieces
    3 Tbs Extra virgin olive oil
    1/4 c flour (I use corn flour because that's allowed on the Dukan Diet)
    1 teaspoon black pepper
    1/4 tsp garlic powder
    Water 

    Directions

    Heat oil in skillet Flour pieces of liver and place in skillet, if you cook it with turkey bacon it will give it a better flavor. Brown on each side and remove from pan. Add onions and garlic powder. Saute onions until clear. Add flour one tablespoon at a time until oil is absorbed and flour is lightly browned. Add water to flour & onion mixture until it reaches gravy consistency that you desire. simmer for about 5 minutes and then return liver to pan. Cover and simmer for another ten to fifteen minutes. Serves four to six.

    Number of Servings: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment